Better Banana Bread (or Mini Muffins)
This recipe (found on Simply Recipes) has now replaced my old favorite: this one is easier, faster AND tastes better – triple threat!
3 Ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose Flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350, spray loaf pan or muffin tins with non-stick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash bananas with potato masher until smooth. Stir/whisk in melted butter.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour batter into (sprayed) muffin tins or loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour (give or take a few) and check after 50 minutes. Mini muffins only take 29 minutes. Done when golden brown or toothpick comes out clean from the center.
5. Remove from oven, cool before removing from pan.
How do you enjoy your banana muffins? I like them warm and fresh from the oven. Hubby likes them with peanut butter. Happy Baking!